Sunday, March 27, 2011

Completely Surrendered

This morning's message at church was about living in fellowship with other people and, rather than being selfish, handing over to an unlimited God my limited supply of time, patience, etc., allowing Him to use me for His glory wherever I am, whatever I am doing.  As I pondered over the message, the words "completely surrendered" came to mind.  In order to follow in the footsteps of Christ, I need to be completely surrendered to God.  Regardless of how much or how little I am able to give, if I surrender all of my thoughts, wants, abilities, etc. to God, then He is able to use me to my full potential.  From all these thoughts, came this song, which I have called "Completely Surrendered."


Completely Surrendered

V1
Created to live in unity
Not created to be alone
Created to live what we believe
Not created with hearts of stone

Pre-Chorus
Let the words of Truth sink deep
Transforming our lives anew
We give up our own desires
To bring glory back to You

Chorus 1
Completely surrendered
Here we stand
Make us a beacon
Of light in this land
Shedding light for all to see
Your power, love and majesty

V2
What little we have we give to You
All Your purposes to fulfill
Take this offering we bring You now
Lord, in us Your Spirit instill

 Chorus 2
Completely surrendered
All for You
Show us
What You'd have us do
Here we stand forever Yours
Completely surrendered to You

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice thoughts and comments in your blogs Stephen
Gary Yang

Eagle said...

Thanks for your comment, Gary. Just added the song I wrote on Sunday arvo.